STERLING FAIR GARDEN TRACTOR DRAG RACES
FRIDAY 5 PM.-9 PM.
1. No alcoholic beverages will be consumed before, during, or after any race, by any Drag Racing Lawn Mower racer, helper, or participant inside the racing area.
3. All drivers under the age eighteen (18) must have a parental release form filled out by their parent or legal guardian at every race.
4. The competition and pit area will be closed. Anyone in these areas will be required to sign an insurance release form. The pit area is for the mower, driver of the mower and one helper in this area if needed. Everyone will be required to sign an insurance release form. Minors will be required to have two (2) releases signed. These releases are to be signed by the minor and the parent or legal guardian of the minor.
7. Registration will begin two (2) hours prior to start of the race. This does not mean that you can not arrive earlier than that to help with track preparations.
8. A safety meeting will be held one (1) hour prior to race. If track conditions and time allow, all mowers will be allowed no more than two (2) passes for test and tune.
9. Tech inspection will take place prior to the race. Tech judges will make class determination.
11 The track will consist of two (2), (6) foot lanes, each being one hundred (100) feet long from start to finish line.
12. Starting flag will be used. Once the flag is given and the line judge determines a bad start, the race will be terminated. Any mower “jumping” the line once in a race will automatically be disqualified.
13. Drivers must stay in assigned lanes or it will be an automatic loss.
14. If a mower crosses the center line or hits any of the hay bales between the start and the
end of the track, it will be considered an automatic loss. This includes the bales or barrier fence across the end of the track.
15. Drivers must stay mounted on the mower at all times during the race. If the driver dismounts, it is an automatic loss. In the event that the mower dies, it may be restarted, if the mower has an on-board starter. No pit crew member may enter the racetrack after the starter has signaled the drivers to stage.
16. A driver must qualify on the machine for each class he or she wishes to race.
17. A driver must re-qualify when there is a change of mowers, or if the regular driver has someone else drive the mower in a different class or is substituting.
18. A driver who begins a race in each class, must finish the race in that class. No switching of drivers will be allowed (for any reason), once the races have begun. If the driver is unable to finish racing, the mower will be retired in that class.
19. If a driver violates the safety rules, it will be up to the Safety and Tech Committees to enforce the severity of the punishment. This may include being told to load your mower. Dispute on punishment may be brought to Race Master.
1. All lawn mowers must be equipped with adequate brakes to stop and be able to hold the machine on the starting line.
2. Steering must be tight.
3. Wheelie bars must be metal type bolted or welded securely to mower frame to prevent the front wheels of the machine from lifting more than twelve (12) inches off the racing surface. This is for your safety.
4. All drivers must wear DOT approved helmets.
5. All drivers must wear long pants (denim preferred), shoes (no sandals), and gloves.
6. All drivers must be able to operate the clutch/brake pedal.
7. All drivers may be subject to a test run upon the request of the Tech Judge. This is to verify that the mower and the driver are qualified to run.
8. All drivers must drive slowly and carefully leaving and returning to the pit area to prevent accidents. Only one verbal warning will be given.
9. All mowers must have a person sitting on them before starting the engines, warming up, tuning, etc. The person on the mower should be able to handle the mower in case of accident.
10. Any mower involved in any accident must be re-inspected and approved by the Tech and Safety Committees before the mower can continue to race. Their ruling is final.
Tractors must be lawn and garden type ride on tractors. Engines and transmissions used must be designed for lawn and garden tractors.